Thursday, January 14, 2016

Big Sibling Class

At the end of January, Bryony took the same Big Sibling Class at the hospital that Abigail had taken in 2011 :) She was more than ready to become a Big Sister herself - the excitement is high! Here's a fun story I posted on Facebook at the time:

Bryony keeps wanting to play the game "pretend our baby popped out". It's an easy game for me, I lay on the couch while she is the doctor. First she writes stuff on a notepad, like, "baby" and "doktr Bryony", and "54367". Then she usually says "OK, lay here, I'll call baby support" (picks up play phone and says "hello, baby support? I have a lady here who's having her baby"). Then she rubs my bump a few times with her hand and says "OK, don't worry, this won't hurt, it might be a little bit scary, but it's not real scary, it's more just like Halloween". Then I close my eyes and with some kind of painless magic my plastic baby pops out and she swaddles it. Then she says "Congratulations, it's a girl, she's healthy and perfect, what do you want to name her?" 
It's all so cute. I think she's ready for this to go down in her real life.






No comments: