Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman


FINALLY I can say this: I just LOVED this book!

I have been thinking recently about the fact that I can’t find the right words to express my disappointment in the books I’ve been reading. The irony that I can’t articulate any better than the novel I am criticizing, ha! But, here we are - book eleven since I started recording, and I can finally post that I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The author is young, it’s his debut novel, and I found it on Entertainment Weekly’s Top Ten Books of 2010. The writing is so clever - each chapter almost its’ own short story, new characters and experiences each time, with the occasional reference to each other skillfully woven in. It’s amusing, captivating and poignant all at the same time. 10/10!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am buying this book right now. I've been needing something fabulous as I've been disappointed too in books lately!