Saturday, July 23, 2011

Enjoying Our New House

Saying goodbye to our old house was bittersweet for me - I was sad to leave the memories but excited to move on and build new ones in our new home. Here are pictures from the summer:

last object left to pack!

Abby saying goodbye to her pink room
For years before I'd even had children, I had dreamed of a beach-themed nursery for them. I couldn't wait to pull it together when we bought our first house and found out we were pregnant. Jake painted this ocean wave around the room and I bought turtle, octopus and fish baby bedding for Abigail. (I was trying to find a photo of the finished room but can't find one). Bryony used the room for a few months before we moved too. I was choked up leaving this room behind. I nursed them both in the middle of the night in here, stared at crabs & whales while I rocked teething baby back to sleep. It was the room with the most memories for me. It will always be the house I brought my daughters' home from the hospital to. I'm sure the new owners will paint over this as their first project, ha!


But, moving on, we spent the first two months in the new house enjoying the pool: 






And just playing in the family room on weekend mornings:




And, I only have a couple but these are the new house:

my new kitchen - Jake's going to paint the cabinets white like he did for me in the old house, not a fan of the distressed pinkish wood

and this is (was) the eggplant purple master bathroom - we immediately changed to blue

No comments: